Dr. Ajit Kumar Sahoo
Name : Ajit Kumar Sahoo
Designation : Lecturer/Assistant Professor
Qualification : MA, M. Phil
Phone No. : +91-8763049512
E-mail ID : ajit(dot)remember(at)gmail(dot)com
- Modern Indian History
- Social History
- Environmental History
- Indian Historiography
- History of Science and Technology in India
- Economic History of Modern India
- Nationalist Movement in India
- India since Independence
- Twentieth Century World
|1||Utkal Sammilani and Politics of Vernacular Nationalism in Colonial Odisha, 1903- 1936', Utkal Historical Research Journal (UHRJ), vol. xxviii, 2015.|
|Paper on ?Writing ?own? History: Early History Writings and Identity Formation in Colonial Orissa?, Proceedings of South Indian History Congress- 32 Session, ISSN No. 2229-3671.|
|1||Quest for Identity: History, Literature and Regional Consciousness in Colonial Orissa?, in Ramesh Chandra Sahu (ed.), India at a Glance, Bhanjanagar: Loharkhandi Sahitya Sansad, 2015, ISBN No: 978-93-84415-32-7|
Paper on “Imagining Pralaya: The Perception of Future in Eastern India” presented at The Third Asian Conference on Asian Studies (24-26 May, 2013), Osaka, Japan.
- Assistant Professor in Shyama Prasad Mukherjee College (for Women), Delhi University (11.09.2013-26.03.2015)
- Lecturer/Assistant Professor in P.G. Dept. of History, Utkal University (since 02.04.2015- Cont.)
- Conferences Attended
- Three Weeks Workshop (8th to 28th February, 2011) on “Historiography & Research Methodology” organized by Indian Council of Historical Research(ICHR) at Hyderabad Central University , Hyderabad.
- Paper on “Writing ‘own’ History: Early History Writings and Identity Formation in Colonial Orissa” presented at South Indian History Congress- 32 Session (3rd to 5th February 2012), Chennai.
- Paper on “ The Paik Rebellion: A Critical Study” presented in ICHR Seminar on “The Role of South India in the Freedom Movement, 1750-1947: A Review of New Findings and New Interpretations at Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirpalli (23rd to 25th March 2012)
- Paper on “Construction of Identity: The ‘Paiks’ and Regional Consciousness in Colonial Orissa” presented at International Young Researchers Conference 2012, JNU, New Delhi on Writing Histories of Power/Contestation (7th to 9th April 2012)
- Paper on “Quest for Identity: History, Literature and Regional Consciousness in Colonial Orissa” presented in the ICHR National Seminar on Socio-religious and Cultural Response of India to the Colonial Rule in the 19th and the early 20th century at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada (17th and 18th August 2012)
- Attended Summer School (17-30 September, 2012) on Exploring Agency in the Mahabharata: Ethical, Political and Dharmic organized by Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla and also presented a paper entitled “Linkage between Caste and Education: A Subaltern Analysis of Karna and Eklavya”.
- Paper on “Paik Rebellion (1817 A.D.) Revisited” presented at Indian History Congress-73 session (28th – 30th December, 2012), Mumbai University, Mumbai
- Paper on “Imagining Pralaya: The Perception of Future in Eastern India” presented at The Third Asian Conference on Asian Studies (24-26 May, 2013), Osaka, Japan.