Mr. Prafulla Kumar Swain
Name : Prafulla Kumar Swain
Designation : Lecturer
Qualification : M.A (B.H.U), PH.D (SUBMITTED)(D.U.)
Phone No. : +91-9015146613
E-mail ID : Prafulla86(at)gmail(dot)com
- Survival Analysis and Demography
|1||Awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund for standing first in M.A (Statistics) Examination, Banaras Hindu University in the year 2009-2010.|
|2||Recipient of Post-Graduate University Rank holder Merit Scholarship (2008-10).|
|3||Recipient of National Merit Scholarship (2005-08).|
|4||University Rank holder (Gold Medalist) in Statistics (Hons).|
|5||Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET), (UGC-NET/JRF Examination, June 2010).|
|6||UGC-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) from 7th April 2011 to 6th April 2013.|
|7||UGC-Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from 7th April 2013 to 21st July 2015.|
|8||Selected in Odisha Educational Service (O.E.S) in 2015.|
|9||ISI â?? World Bank travel grant to attend International Statistical Institute Regional Conference (ISI-RC) 2014, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, (Nov, 16-19th 2014).|
|10||International Biometric Society (IBS) travel grant to attend EAR-BC 2015, Fukuoka, Japan.|
- Teaching: 1 years
- Research: 6 months
- Conference/FDP/workshop organized, as Convener/Co-convener/Treasurer/Coordinator
- Participated 30th Annual National Conference of ISMS, 6th -8th October 2012, Ludhiana.
- Participated International Conference on ”The Legacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan” 17th -22nd December 2012, University of Delhi, Delhi.
- Participated and presented a paper entitle “On the estimation of Survival of HIV/AIDS patients on ART: An application to interval censored data” National Conference on current practices of statistics, mathematics and actuarial sciences, 7th -8th March 2013, North Maharastra University, Jalgaon, India.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “On the estimation of Survival of HIV/AIDS patients on ART using gamma shared frailty model” International Conference on Recent Advances in Statistics and their Applications, 26th -28th December 2013, Department of Statistics, Dr. B. A. M. University, Aurangabad, Maharastra, India.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled “On the estimation of Survival of HIV/AIDS patients on Anti-Retroviral Therapy: An application to interval censored data” at International Statistical Institute Regional Conference 2014, on Statistical Science for Better Tomorrow, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, (Nov, 16-19th 2014).
- Participated and presented a paper entitled” Joint modeling of longitudinal CD4 cell count and time to loss to follow up in HIV/AIDS Patients on Antiretroviral Therapy” at East Asian Region Biometric Conference 2015, Fukuoka, Japan
- Attended a Workshop on ” Techniques Of Analysis Of Demographic And Health Statistics And Application Of Computer Softwares “, 10th -12th October 2012, ISI Kolkata.
- Attended a three day Workshop on” Emerging Areas in Applied Statistics” 19th -21st March 2013, ISI Kolkata.
- Attended a one day research level seminar on” Applied Statistics” 22nd March 2012, ISI Kolkata.
- Attended a two day Workshop on” Statistical Computing Using R” 14th -15th September 2013, Department of Statistics, University of Delhi.
- Attended A Short Course on Introduction to Bayesian Statistical Modelling, DST-CIMS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (January 27-30, 2014).
- Attended SAS (Statistical Analysis System) Software Training, Department of Biostatistics, Christian Medical College, Vellore ( June 9-13, 2014).
- Important Activities: Worked as reviewer for the following journals
- Journal of Applied Statistics (Taylor and Francis)
- Health and Quality of life Outcomes (Biomed-central)
- Perspective in Public Health (SAGE)
- International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research