Dr. Prafulla Kumar Panda
Name : Prafulla Kumar Panda
Designation : Reader
Qualification : Ph. D
Phone No. : +91-674-2725730
E-mail ID : prafulla(dot)k(dot)panda(at)gmail(dot)com
- Short range correlations in nuclear physics in relativistic
- Hartree-Fock theory and nuclear many-body problems
- Nuclear astrophysics and neutron star
- Relativistic field theory to study finite nuclei
- Quark Meson Coupling model to study nuclear matter and finite nuclei
- Parity non-conservation in atoms, many-body atomic and nuclear system
- HBT and Back-to-back correlations in heavy ion collision
- Non-perturbative variational methods for studying bound states in quantum field theory in the context of nuclear physics
- Finite temperature quantum field theory, Thermofield dynamics
- Vacuum structure in Coulomb gauge QCD
- Computational physics.
- Quantum Mechanics
- Nuclear and Particle Physics
- 03 (Continuing)
- M. Phil
- 01 (Continuing)
- 02 (Continuing)
|1||S. Sarangi, P.K. Panda , S. K. Sahu, L.Maharana: ''Study of the Assymetric nuclear matter with pion dressing'' Ind. J. Phys. 84 (2010) 431.|
|2||P.K. Panda , D.P. Menezes, C. Providencia : '' Warm stelar matter within the Quark Meson Coupling Model'' Phys. Rev. C 82 (2010) 045801.|
|3||P.K. Panda and B.P. Das : ''Nuclear Structure correction on Parity Non-conservation in heavy ions'' Ind. J. Phys. 84 (2010) 817.|
|4||P.K. Panda , S. Sarangi, J. da Providencia: '' Pion correlations in Dense Matter'' Int. J. Mod. Phys. E20 (2011) 63.|
|5||A. Rabhi, P.K. Panda , C. Providencia: ''Warm and dense stellar matter under strong magnetic fields''Phys. Rev. C 84 (2011) 035803.|
|6||Constanca Providencia, Rafael Cavagnoli, Debora P. Menezes, Prafulla K. Panda: ''Effects of symmetry energy on compact stars'' J. Phys: conf. ser 342 (2012) 012008.|
|7||H. Bohr, P.K. Panda , C. Providencia, J. da Providencia: ''BCS theory of high density matter'' Braz. J. Physics, 42 (2012) 59.|
|8||Prafulla K. Panda , Alexandre M. Santos, Debora P. Menezes, Constanca Providencia: Compact stars within a soft symmetry energy quark meson coupling model Phys. Rev. C 85 (2012) 055802.|
|9||Constanca Providencia, Rafael Cavagnoli, Debora P. Menezes, Prafulla K. Panda , Aziz Rabhi: ''Compact stars and symmetry energy'' J. Phys: conf. ser 413 (2013) 012023.|
|10||H. Bohr, P.K. Panda , C. Providencia, J. da Providencia: ''Spin polarization in high density quark matter'' Int. J. Mod. Phys. E22 (2013) 1350019.|
|11||S. K. Singh, M. Bhuyan, P.K. Panda , and S. K. Patra: ''The effect of iso-scalar-iso-vector coupling in infinite nuclear matter'' J. Phys.(Nucl. and Part. Phys.) G40 (2013) 085104.|
|12||N. Barik, R.N. Mishra, D.K. Mohanty, P.K. Panda and T. frederico: ''Nuclear equation of state in a relativistic independent quark model with chiral symmetry and variation with quark masses'' Phys. Rev. C 88 (2013) 015206.|
|13||Prafulla K. Panda , Debora P. Menezes, and Constanca Providencia: ''Effects of the symmetry energy on the kaon condensates in the QMC model'' Phys. Rev. C 89 (2014) 045803.|
|14||H. Bohr, S.A. Moszkowski, P.K. Panda , C. Providencia and J. da Providencia: "A quark-meson coupling model based on Bogoliubov’s model of the nucleon" arXiv:1402.1630.|
|15||S.N. Nayak, P.K. Parida, and P.K. Panda : "Effects of the cosmological constant in compact star in quark meson coupling model", Int. J. Mod. Phys. E24 (2015) 1550068.|
|16||R.N. Mishra, H.S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda , N. Barik, and T. Frederico : "Nuclear symmetry energy in a modified quark meson coupling model", Phys. Rev. C 92, (2015) 045203.|
|17||H. Bohr, S.A. Moszkowski, P.K. Panda , C. Providencia and J. da Providencia: "QMC approach based on the Bogoliubov independent quark model of the nucleon", arXiv-1512.02392, Submitted for publication.|
|S. Lenka, P.K. Panda ''Kaon condensation in quark meson coupling model at finite temperature'' Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. Vol. 56 page-712 (2011).|
|S. K. Singh, M. Bhuyan, P.K. Panda , and S. K. Patra ''The effect of isoscalar-isovector coupling in infinite nuclear matter'' American Institute of Physics (AIP), Vol. 1524, page-77 (2013).|
|R.N. Mishra, H. S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda , and N. Barik ''Asymmetric nuclear matter in a modified quark meson coupling model'' Proceedings of the DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics. 59, page-792 (2014).|
|S. Sarangi, P.K. Panda, S.K. Sahu, and L. Maharana, “Symmetry energy parameters in pion-dressed asymmetric nuclear matter” Proceedings of the DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics. 60, page- 868 (2015).|
|R.N. Mishra, H. S. Sahoo, P.K. Panda , and N. Barik ''Compact stars in a modified quark meson coupling model'' Proceedings of the DAE Symposium on Nuclear Physics. 60, page-874 (2015).|
|1||Study of structure of hadrons and properties of compact stars in a relativistic quark model under DAE-BRNS No.2013/37P/66/BRNS/2723.|
|2||The finite range effective nuclear interaction: A complete Nuclear model under UGC-DAE CRS/KC/CRS/2009/NP06/1354.|
- Research Experience
- Visiting scientist at Depto. de Fisica, University of Coimbra, Portugal, in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 under the project CERN/FP/109316/2009 .
- Visiting professor at Depto. de Fisica, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Floran opolis, Brasil, in June 2013.
- Teaching Experience
- Teaching in the postgraduate physics, invigilator and evaluation of the examination of the internal and semester examinations, laboratory works for the students, board of studies member of different colleges (Nimapara College, Kendrapara College, Talcher Autonomous College, Utkal University (Physics)), Hostel superintendent.
- Teaching in the undergraduate engineering physics, invigilator and evaluation of the examination of the internal and semester examinations, laboratory works for the students, Chairman Board of studies, and Member, academic council at the C.V. Raman College of Engineering from January 2011.
- “Mobile Physics Laboratory”- visiting different high schools with table top experiments for science education during 2011-2014.
- Conference attended/organized
- UGC Sponsored skill based program on 'Computational physics and its Applications', Presented the talk on 'Solving problems on Scilab'. November 2015.
- National seminar on 'International year of light 2015' November 2015.
- Faculty recharge program in Utkal University during June 2015.
- National seminar on '100 years of General Theory of Relativity' during March 2015
- 2014 International Conference on High performance computing and applications (ICHPCA2014, in December 2014. I was an organizing committee member.
- International Conference of Nano-science and technology and its societal implication (NSTSI11) in December 2011. I was the treasurer for this conference.