Dr.(M/S.) Mitali Chinara
Name : Mitali Chinara
Designation : Reader
Qualification : MA, M Phil, Ph.D
Phone No. : 9437111456
E-mail ID : mitalichinara(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in
- Economics of Social sector
- Quantitative techniques
- Quantitative Techniques
- Basic Econometrics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Research Methodology
- M Phil
- 1. Sunita Mishra(2011) - ‘Tourism and Odisha economy: Contributions, problems and prospects’.
- 2. Pradeep Kumar Swain(2011) - ‘Agricultural growth in Odisha- a case study of Khordha district’.
- 3. Sanghamitra Sethi(2012) - “Micro-finance through Self Help Groups and its impact on poverty alleviation-A case study of Baranga block of Cuttack district”
- 4. Rajat Kumar Mallick(2012) - “Credit facilities for MSMEs:A case study of Bhubaneswar municipal area”.
- 5. Biswajeet Mohanty(2013) - “A Study of Odishan Handicrafts:A Case Study of Raghurajpur Heritage Crafts Village, Puri”
- 6. Bidisha Chatterjee (2013) – “East coast railways: Issues, performance and challenges”.
- 7. Manaswini Panda(2014) -“Financial Inclusion and Women Empowermen: A Study on the Women of Pattamundai Block of Kendrapara district”
- 8. Jitendra Kumar Basti(2014) -“MGNREGA and its Impact on Migration and Income: A Case Study of Nandapur Grampanchayat of Khurdha district”.
- 9. Rupesh Ku Maharana(2015)- “A study of the link between economic growth and public debt in Indian economy: A time series analysis from 1980 to 2013”
- Laxminarayan Panda – Integrated diary development project: An impact study in selected districts in Orissa (Thesis submitted)
- Manas Kumar Behera – Women’s participation in agriculture: A case study of Bhadrak district in Odisha
- Subrata Das - Corporate governance and bank performance: A study of commercial banks in India.
|1||Research Reports: A Research Report entitled " Institutional Support for women in Odisha” (with N Rath and A Mohanty), School of Women’s Study, Utkal University, Vani vihar, Bhubaneswar, 2011.|
|2||A Research Report entitled “Women in corporate houses of Odisha”, (with N Rath and A Mohanty), School of Women’s Study, Utkal University, Vani vihar, Bhubaneswar, 2011.|
|3||A Research Report entitled “Will Odishan handicrafts survive in a globalised world? A case study of Raghurajpur handicraft village, Puri”, financed by Ministry of Finance, Government of India, 2012.|
|4||“Mineral Resources of Orissa: Exploring Development Horizons” (Co-author Sarita Supkar): Published in “National Resources and Economic Development”, Edited by Dr. Padmaja Mishra, Deep & Deep Publications Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi,2006; pp 146-154.|
|5||“A Gender Perspective on Food Security”, Published in ‘Social Exclusion And Gender: Some Reflections’ (ISBN 978-93-5074-001-9) (Editors-M Chinara, N Rath, N Mohanty, A Mohanty), Abhijeet Publications, New Delhi,2012; pp 74-87.|
|6||“Quality issues of Indian Higher Education System”, Published in “Qualitative Improvement of NAAC Accredited Colleges” Edited by Suhas Roy, Ekushe Publishers, Kolkata, 2012;(ISBN: 978-81-924889-1-2); pp 127-141.|
|7||Book Chapters: “Financial Inclusion through India Post”(Co-author S K Kamila); Published in “Financial Inclusion, Inclusive Growth and the poor”, Edited by P Mishra, A R Behera and H S Rout, New Century Publication, New Delhi ,2014;(ISBN 978-81-7708-367-5); pp 55-72.|
|8||‘Social Exclusion And Gender : Some reflections’ (ISBN 978-93-5074-001-9) ( Co-editors- N Rath, N Mohanty, A Mohanty), Abhijeet Publications, New Delhi, 2012.|
|9||Edited Books: ‘Economic Development and Poverty in India’ (ISBN 978-81-7708-292-0) (Co-editor Bhabesh Sen), New Century Publications, New Delhi, 2012.|
|“Urbanisation in India â?? Trends and Challenges” presented in 44th Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association 2012 held in LN Sahu Mahavidyalaya, Jagatpur, Cuttack during 21-22 January 2012.|
|UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 3 December – 23 December 2001.|
|UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Sambalpur University held during 27 August – 16 September 2002.|
|UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Bhubaneswar from 14 July – 2 August 2003.|
|UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Economics organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 23 November – 13 December 2004.|
|Global Skill Enhancement Programme conducted by Infosys BPO at Infosys – Bhubaneswar during 17 June – 30 June 2009.|
|Training programmes/ RC/OC attended: UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme in Human Values in Education organized by Academic Staff College, Utkal University held during 18 November – 15 December 2010.|
|“Micro Finance Institutions and Women Empowerment â?? A Case Study” presented during 60th All India Commerce Conference held in Department of Commerce, Osmania University, Hyderabad during 27-29 December 2007.|
|“Gender Dimensions of Rural-Urban Migration” presented in 43rd Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association held in Department of Economics, Udayanath Autonomous College of Science and Technology, Prachi Jnanapitha, Adaspur, Cuttack during 19-20 February 2011.|
|“NREGA and Poverty Reduction in Rural India” presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Economic Development and Rural Poverty in India” held in Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 28-29 March 2011.|
|“Poverty and Human Development” presented in UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Challenges in Financing Human Development in India” held in Department of Economics, Tagore Arts College in collaboration with Department of Economics, Pondicherry University during 20-21 January 2012.|
|“Women Entrepreneurship in Odisha â?? the Issues, Perspectives and Challenges” presented during UGC Sponsored International Seminar on “Development of Entrepreneurship in MSME â??a way forward to sustainability” held in P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 6-7 March 2012.|
|“Financial Inclusion through India Posts” presented in National Seminar on “Financial Inclusion and Inclusive Growth in India”, held in P G Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, during 17-18 October 2012.|
|“Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill 2011 : A historical and gender perspective” presented in 45th Annual Conference of Odisha Economics Association, held in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar, during 9 â?? 10 February 2013.|
|“Women Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development in Odisha” presented in UGC Sponsored International Seminar on “Innovation and Competitive Strategies for Sustainable Entrepreneurship” held in P G Department of Commerce (DRS - II), Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 23-24 February 2013.|
|“A Gender Perspective on Food Security” presented in National Conference on “Social Sector in India : Issues and Challenges, held in Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 29-30 March 2013.|
|“Changing dimensions of financial inclusion in India : The Role of Postal Network” presented in World Finance and Banking Symposium 2013, held in Beijing, China during 16-17 December 2013.|
|Keynote Speaker in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Management Practices and Sustainable Development held by PG Department of Business Management, FM University Balasore during 23-24 March 2014.|
|“Self Help Groups and Entrepreneurship Development â?? A Critical Appraisal”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Strategic Entrepreneurial Innovation for Sustainable Tribal Area Development, held in P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University during 27 March 2014.|
|Keynote Speaker in 67th All India Commerce Conference of Indian Commerce Association held in KIIT University Bhubaneswar during 27-29 December 2014.|
|“Corporate Social Responsibility â?? The Myth and Reality”, presented in 67th All India Commerce Conference 2014, held in KIIT University, Bhubaneswar, during 27-29 December 2014.|
|“Women’s Financial Inclusion : Path travelled and Way forward”, presented in Annual Conference of Orissa Economic Association held in Centurion University, Bhubaneswar during 21-22 February 2015.|
|“Sustainable women entrepreneurship in Handicraft Sector of KBK district of Odisha”, presented in ICSSR sponsored National Seminar on “Women Entrepreneurship in North East India â?? Issues and Challenges”, held by Mizoram Central University, Aizawl, during 26-27 February, 2015.|
|“Employment and Employability : The New Dimensions”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Recent Trends in Business Education and Employability held in MPC Autonomous College, Baripada during 24-25 March 2015.|
|“Changing role of SMEs in a developing Economy â?? Evidences from Odisha”, presented in National Seminar on “Manufacturing Sector in India â?? Issues and challenges”, held by P G Department of Commerce, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar during 25-26 March, 2015.|
|“Changing Role of Commercial Banks in a developing economy”, presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Banking: Emerging Trends, Challenges and Opportunities held in Ravenshaw University, Cuttack during 29 March 2015.|
|“Corporate Social Responsibility â?? An Emerging Trend in the Banking Sector of India”, presented in National Seminar held by Department of PM and IR, Utkal University on Corporate Social Responsibility during 9-10 May 2015.|
|Research papers presented in Seminars/Conferences: “Corporate Social Responsibility â?? An Emerging Trend in the Banking Sector of India”, presented in National Seminar held by Department of PM and IR, Utkal University on Corporate Social Responsibility during 9-10 May 2015.|
|1||Second position in Utkal University merit list in Intermediate Science Examination, 1983.|
|2||Fourth position in the Utkal University merit list in Economics (Hons), 1985.|
|3||University Gold medal for securing the First position in First class in MA in Utkal University, 1987.|
- Teaching & Research
- Reader in PG department of A & A Economics, Utkal University since 10 March, 2010
- Reader in Economics (OES I), Department of Higher Education, Government of Odisha from 1 January, 2003 to 10 March, 2010.
- Lecturer in Economics (OES II), Department of Higher Education, Government of Odisha from 29 January, 1990 to 31 December, 2002.
- Superintendent, Ladies Hostel No.5, Utkal University since 25 October, 2014.
- Course Coordinator, School of Women’s Study, Utkal University from 12 July, 2011 to 11 September, 2014.
- Head, Department of Economics, Utkal University from 1 June, 2013 to 31 May, 2015
- Member in Decision Making and Advisory Bodies
- Member, Subject Research Committee in Economics & Women's Study, Utkal University
- Member, Board of Studies in Economics and A & A Economics, Utkal University
- Member, Board of Studies in Economics and Gender Studies, Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar.
- Vice Chancellor’s nominee to Board of Studies of several colleges under Utkal University
- Vice Chancellor’s nominee to the Governing Body of D A V college of Business Management, Bhubaneswar.
- Vice-President, Cultural Club of the University
- Associate Advisor, Student's Union of the University
- Member, Finance Committee and Discipline and Grievance Redressal Committee of PG Council
- Member in Professional Bodies
- Odisha Economic Association (Life Member)
- Indian Economic Association (Life member)
- The Econometric Society of India (Life member)
- An ‘A’ grade artist of All India Radio and Door Darshan
- Has a large number of cassettes and CDs to her credit
- Performed as a solo artist in many classical and semi-classical concerts across the length and breadth of the country and abroad
- Has been a part of Indian contingent in the Festival of India held in the former USSR and South America
- Recipient of the State Award as the Best female play-back singer for the year 2004
- Has rendered voice for the first ever Theme Song of Utkal University, adopted in 2016.