Dr. Nigamananda Das
Name : Nigamananda Das
Designation : Professor & HEAD
Qualification : M.Sc., Ph.D. (Utkal); D.Sc. (NOU); Post Doc: CSIR-IMMT, CNRS-France
Phone No. : +91-9437320201
E-mail ID : dasnn64(at)rediffmail(dot)com; chemnou(at)gmail(dot)com
- Materials Chemistry and Catalysis
- Waste Water Treatment (Physicochemical/Biological)
- Synthesis and Reactivity of Transition Metal Complexes
- Inorganic Reaction Mechanism
- Group Theory
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
- Awarded: 10
- Submitted: 02
- Ongoing: 03
- M.Phil.: 09
- M. Tech.: 01
|1||N.N. Das, D. Tichit, R. Drand, P. Graffin and B. Coq, Influence of metal function in the one-pot synthesis of methyl isobutyl ketone from acetone over palladium supported on Mg(Al)O mixed oxides catalysts, Catal. Lett., 71( 2001)181. (IF-2.291).|
|2||D. Tichit, N.N. Das, R. Durand and B. Coq, Synthesis and characterisation of Zr4+ containing layered double hydroxide precursors and acido-basic property of their calcined products, Chem. Mater. (Amer. Chem. Soc.), 14 (2002)1530. (IF-8.354).|
|3||N.N. Das* and S.C. Srivastava, Catalytic characterisation of bi-functional catalysts derived from Pd-Mg-Al layered double hydroxides, Bull. Mater. Sci., 25 (2002) 283. (IF-1.017)|
|4||N.N. Das*, J. Konar, M.K. Mohanta and S.C. Srivastava, Adsorption of Cr(VI) and Se(IV) from their aqueous solution on Zr4+ substituted ZnAl/MgAl-layered double hydroxides. Effect of Zr4+ substitution in the layer, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 270 (2004) 1-8. (IF-3.368).|
|5||N.N. Das* and A. Samal, Synthesis, characterisation and rehydration behaviour of titanium(IV) containing hydrotalcite like compounds, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 72 (2004) 219-225. (IF-3.453).|
|6||N.N. Das*, P. Pattanaik and R. Das, Defluoridation of drinking water using activated titanium rich bauxite, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 292 (2005) 1-10. (IF-3.368)|
|7||N.N. Das* and R.K. Jana, Adsorption of some bivalent heavy metal ions from aqueous solutions by manganese nodules leached residue, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 293 (2006) 253-262. (IF-3.368).|
|8||N.N. Das* and Rita Das, In-situ formation of anionic chromium(III) ascorbate complex in the hydrotalcite interlayer, Appl. Clay Sci., 42 (2008) 90-94. (IF-2.467).|
|9||P.K. Parhi, N.N. Das, K. Sarangi, Extraction of cadmium from dilute solution using supported liquid membrane, J. Hazard. Mater., 172 (2009) 773-779. (IF-4.529).|
|10||N.N. Das* and R. Das, Synthesis, characterization and activation of quaternary layered double hydroxides for one pot synthesis of methyl isobutyl ketone, React. Mech. Kinet. Catal., 99 (2010) 397. (IF-1.032).|
|11||B. Dhal, N.N. Das, B.D. Pandey and H.N. Thatoi, Environmental quality of the Boula-Nuasahi chromite mine area in India, Mine Water Environ., 30(2011) 191-196. (IF-1.206).|
|12||B. Dhal, H.N. Thatoi, N.N. Das* and B.D. Pandey, Reduction of hexavalent chromium by bacillus sp. isolated from chromite mine soils and characterization of reduced product, J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol., 85 (2010) 1471-1479. (IF-2.349).|
|13||S.C. Dash, K.C. Behera, N.N. Das, R.R. Jha and P. Mohanty, Mechanistic studies of substitution reaction of trans-(diaqua)(N,N-ethylene-bis- salicylamide)chromium(III) ion, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 87 (2010) 1101-1107. (IF-0.251).|
|14||R.K. Behera, P.K. Satapathy, N. S. Randhawa, N.N. Das*, Adsorptive removal of Phosphate using leached sea nodule residue generated by reduction-roasting ammoniacal leaching process, Adsorption Sci. Technol. 28 (2010) 611-627. (IF-0.93).|
|15||R R. Mishra, S. Prajapati, J. Das, T.K. Dangar, N. N. Das* and H.N. Thatoi, Reduction of selenite to red elemental selenium by moderately halotolerant Bacillus megaterium strains isolated from Bhitarkanika mangrove soils and characterizations of reduced product, Chemosphere, 84 (2011) 1231-1237. (IF-3.340).|
|16||S.K. Giri, N.N. Das* and G.C. Pradhan, Magnetite powder and kaolinite derived from waste iron ore tailings environmental applications, Powder Technology, 214 (2011) 513-518. (IF-2.349)|
|17||S.K. Giri, N.N. Das* and G.C. Pradhan, Synthesis and characterisation of magnetite nanoparticles using iron ore tailings for adsorptive removal of dyes from aqueous solution, Colloids Surf. A, 389 (2011) 43-49. (IF-2.354)|
|18||P. K. Satapathy, N. S. Randhawa, N. N. Das*, Oxidative decolourisation of methylene blue by leached sea nodule residues generated by reduction-roasting ammoniacal leaching process, Environ. Technol., 33 (2012) 515-522. (IF-1.560)|
|19||Noor Aman, P.K. Satapathy, T. Mishra, M. Mahato, N.N. Das, Synthesis and photocatalytic activity of mesoporous cerium doped TiO2 as visible light sensitive photocatalyst, Mater. Res. Bull., 47 (2012) 179‚?"183. (IF-2.288)|
|20||R. Mishra. Dhal, S.K. Dutta, T.K. Dangar, N.N. Das*, H.N. Thatoi, Optimization and characterization of chromium(VI) reduction in saline condition by moderately halophilic Vigribacillus sp. isolated from mangrove soil of Bhitarkanika, India, J. Hazard. Mater., 227-228 (2012) 219-226. (IF-4.529)|
|21||R.K. Behera, K. Rout, B. Nayak and N.N. Das*, Removal of selenium and arsenic oxyanions using natural goethite-rich iron ore from Daitari, India: Effect of heat treatment, Adsorption Sci. Technol., 30 (2012) 867-879. (IF-0.93)|
|22||N.S. Randhawa, N.N. Das, R.K. Jana, Selenite adsorption using leached residues generated by reduction roasting‚?"ammonia leaching of manganese nodules, J. Hazardous Mater., 241-242 (2012) 486- 492. (IF-4.529)|
|23||O. Mohanta, Y.N. Singhbabu, S.K. Giri, D. Dadhichi, N.N. Das and R.K. Sahu, Degradation of Congo red pollutants using microwave derived SrFe12O19: An efficient magnetic photocatalyst under visible light, J. Alloys Compounds, 564 (2013) 78-83. (IF-2.999).|
|24||B. Dhal, H.N. Thatoi, N.N. Das and B.D. Pandey, Chemical and microbial remediation of hexavalent chromium from contaminated soil and mining/metallurgical solid waste: A review, J. Hazardous Mater., 250-251 (2013) 272-291. Science Direct Top 25, list of most downloaded articles, Ranked 10th on the top 25 for J. Hazardous Materials ‚?" April to June 2013. (IF-4.529)|
|25||S.K. Giri and N.N. Das*, Iron oxide/titania photocatalyst derived from TiO2.nH2O coated ferric hydr(oxide) precursors: Characterisations and visible light activity, Powder Technology, 239 (2013) 193-198. (IF-2.349)|
|26||R. Sahu, B. S. Mohanta and N. N. Das*, Synthesis, characterization and photocatalytic activity of mixed oxides derived from ZnAlTi ternary layered double hydroxides, J. Phys. Chem. Solids, 74 (2013) 1263-70. (IF-1.853)|
|27||B. Dhal, N.N. Das, H.N. Thatoi, B.D. Pandey, Characterizing toxic Cr(VI) contamination in chromite mine overburden dump and its bacterial remediation, J. Hazardous Mater. 260 (2013) 141-149. (IF-4.529)|
|28||S. Das, J. Mishra, S.K. Das, S. Pandey , D.S. Rao, A. Chakraborty, M. Sudarshan, N.N. Das, H.N. Thatoi, Investigation on mechanism of Cr(VI) reduction and removal by Bacillus amyloliquifaciens, a novel chromate tolerant bacterium isolated from chromite mine soil, Chemosphere, 96 (2014) 112 ‚?" 121. (IF-3.340)|
|29||N. S. Randhawa, R. K. Jana and N.N. Das, Adsorptive remediation of Cu(II)and Cd(II) contaminated water using manganese nodule leaching residue, Desalination Water Treatment, 52 (2014), 4197-4211.; doi: 10.1080/19443994.2013.801324. (IF-1.173)|
|30||S.K. Giri, G.C. Pradhan, N.N. Das*, Thermal, electrical and tensile properties of synthesized magnetite/polyurethane nanocomposites using magnetite nanoparticles derived from waste iron ore tailing, J. Polymer Res., 21 (2014) 446. (IF-1.920)|
|31||H.N. Thatoi, S. Das, Jigni Mishra, B.P. Rath, N. Das, Bacterial chromate reductase, a potential enzyme for bioremediation of hexavalent chromium: A review, J. Environ. Management, 146 (2014) 383-399. (IF-2.723)|
|32||S. K. Giri, P. Sahoo, R. Das and N. Das*,Coke/Fe3O4 nanoparticles composites: synthesis, characterization and adsorption behaviour towards organic dyes, Desalination and Water Treatment, (2015) 1-11. doi: 10.1080/19443994.2015.1085447 (IF-1.173) ISSN 1944-3994. (Accepted) (IF-1.173)|
|33||S.K. Giri and N.N. Das*, Visible light induced photocatalytic decolourisation of rhodamine B by magnetite nanoparticles synthesised using recovered iron from waste iron ore tailings, Desalination and Water Treatment, 57 (2016) 900-907. DOI: 10.1080 /19443994.2014.972984 (IF-1.173)|
|34||Noor Aman, N.N. Das, T. Mishra, Effect of N-doping on visible light activity of TiO2‚?"SiO2 mixed oxide photocatalysts, J. Environ. Chemical Engg., 4 (2016) 191‚?"196.|
|1||N.N. Das, Progress in one-pot synthesis of methyl isobutyl ketone using multifunctional layered based catalysts, Key Engineering Materials Vol. 571 (2013) pp 169-196, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/ KEM.571.169.|
|2||S.C. Mallick, B.C. Tripathy, N. Das, Electrochemical Methods for the Treatment of High COD Loaded Industrial Effluent and their Complete Removal, in Dash, A.K., Das, M. (ed.) Advances in Environmental Sciences and Engineering, (2015) Daya Publishing House¬ģ, New Delhi.|
|3||Layered Clay Materials for Functional Applications, Edited by T. Mishra and N.N. Das, International Publisher Europe Trans Tech Publications Ltd., Switzerland, ISSN No. 1013-9826 (http://www.ttp.net/1013-9826.html).|
|1||JRF/SRF (CSIR-NET) : June 1986- Sept 1989.|
|2||Research Associate (CSIR) : July 1991- June 1996.|
|3||Pool Scientist (CSIR) : July 1996 ‚?? Nov 1996.|
|4||BOYSCAST Fellow of DST, Govt. of India (July 1999- June 2000) to work at Labortoire de Materiaux Catalytiques et Catalyse en Chimie Organique (CNRS), Montpellier, FRANCE.|
|5||INSA Visiting Fellow (May-June, 2007) at CSIR-CLRI, Chennai.|
|Duration/Position held||Place of work||Nature of work|
|Dec 2015 – continuing Professor of Chemistry||Utkal University, Bhubaneswar||Teaching and Research|
|July 2014 – Dec 2015 Professor of Chemistry||Ravenshaw University, Cuttack||Teaching and Research|
|Feb. 2005 – July 2014 Professor of Chemistry||North Orissa University, Baripada||Teaching and Research|
|July 2000 - Feb. 2005 Scientist||CSIR-National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur||Research|
|Nov. 1996 - June 2000 Lecturer in Chemistry||S K. University, Dumka, Jharkhand||Teaching and Research|
|July 1991 - Nov. 1996 CSIR-Research Associate/ Pool Scientist||CSIR-Institute Minerals & Materials Technology, Bhubaneswar||Research|
|Sept. 1989 - April 1990 Lecturer in Chemistry||Regional College of Education, Bhubaneswar||Teaching and Research|
|July 1986-Sept. 1989 JRF/SRF (CSIR-NET)||Department of Chemistry, Utkal University||Research|
- Academic Distinctions
- Member, Peer Team, National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore (since 2012).
- Member, Subject Expert Committee, Odisha Public Service Commission & Jharkhand Public Service Commission.
- Reviewer of Research Projects/Regular Reviewer for research articles of National/ International journals.
- Delivered more than 20 invited talks in different national and international seminar/conference.
- Resource Person in Refresher Courses at Utkal, Sambalpur, Ranchi Universities.
- Member - Expert Committee for Gr-III (Technical), CSIR-NML, Jamshedpur.
- Vice-President/Executive member: Orissa Chemical Society (2007-08/2011-12)
- Member, Subject Research Committee in Chemistry, F. M. University, Balasore.
- Member, Academic Council/BOS in Chemistry, M. P. C. (Auto) College, Baripada.
- Programme Coordinators, DST-FIST & UGC-SAP (2009-14), Department of Chemistry, North Orissa University.
- Programme Coordinator, DST-FIST, Department of Chemistry, Ravenshaw University (Sept 2014 – Dec 2015).
- Administrative Assignments at Ravenshaw University (2014 -2015)
- Head, Department of Chemistry (Sept. 2014 – Dec 2015)
- Dean, School of Physical Sciences (June 2015 – Dec 2015)
- Coordinator, NAAC, Ravenshaw University
- Professor in Charge, Kanika Library (Oct. 2014 – June 2015)
- Administrative Assignments at North Orissa University (2005-2014)
- Chairman, Post Graduate Council (June’08-May’09; June 2013-July 2014)
- Head, P. G. Department of Chemistry (Feb. 2005 – May 2010)
- Member, Syndicate, NOU (June’08 - May’09; Dec’12 – July 2014)
- Member, Senate and Academic Council, (2005 – 2010; 2013 – July 2014)
- Member, Board of Studies and SRC in Chemistry and URC (2005 - continuing)
- Warden, P. G. Hostels (2007 - 2008; 2012 - 2013)
- Professor in Charge, Central Library (June 2009 – July 2014)
- Professor in Charge, Projects and Placement Cell (2005 - 2007)
- Professor in Charge, Refresher Courses (2005 - 2007)
- Professor in Charge, ST/SC Cell (2006 - 08)
- Professor in Charge, UGC matters (2007- July 2014)
- First Appellate Authority, North Orissa University (2008 – 2009)
- Professor in Charge, NAAC, North Orissa University (2008 – July 2014)
- Coordinator, Steering Committee, NAAC Visit to NOU, 25-27 Nov., 2010.
- Director, Internal Quality Assurance Cell, NOU (2009 – July 2014)
- Patent filed: 01
- S. K. Giri and N.N. Das, A rapid process of magnetite nanoparticles from waste iron ore tailings, Indian Patent (Application No. 1315/KOL/2010; Date of filing of Application: 22/11/2010; Publication Date: 19/10/2012).
- Total Projects undertaken 13.