Dr. Mary Gabriela Bage
Name : Mary Gabriela Bage
Designation : Senior Reader
Qualification : M.A., Ph.D., B.Ed.
Phone No. : +91-9437005108
E-mail ID : mgbage(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in
- Sociology of Tribes, Sociology of Knowledge
- Sociology of Health
- Gender Studies
- 05 (Completed)
- 04 (Continuing)
|1||Marriage rites and rituals among Langia Saora, Orissa Review 1995.|
|2||Marriage customs among Oraons, Orissa Review, 1995.|
|3||The Munda: Their Songs and Dances, in an Edited Book “Tribal Dance of Orissa”, 2009 ATLC, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.|
|4||Crisis of Higher Education in India 21st Century International Recognition Multidisciplinary Research Journal Vol.IV, Issue-III/April-2014.|
|5||Health Care practices among Kolha married women: A case study of Odisha International Journal of Multidisciplinary research and Development-2015.|
|6||Tribal Sub-plan (The New Strategy) for tribal development Journal of the Jayaprakash Narayan Institute of Economics & Social Studies, Bhubaneswar-2015.|
|7||Gandhian Ideas of Rural Industrialization International Journal of Novel Research in Humanity and Social Sciences, Vol-2,Issue-4, pp:(39-41) August-2015.|
|8||Ethno Medicine and Health Care system among Kharias: A study of Sundargarh district, Odisha Ethnomedical Practices in Tribal Areas, Published by SSDN Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi, 2014(eds.).|
|9||Caste Based Social Exclusion and Protest Movements in India: An Analysis from Buddha to Kanshi Ram, Dr. M.G.Bage and Siman challa Ranjit,in Dr. R. Garada edt. Dynamics of Development and Social Exclusion, SSDN, 2015.|
|Gandhian Ideas of Rural Industrialization, in XXVII AISC, Golden Jubilee Year, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, 2001.|
|Civil Society and Democratic state: An Interface in XXVI, AISC, University of Kerala, Thiruvantapuram, 2002.|
|Socio-cultural life of Tribals in National and International context, state level seminar, Konark.|
|Culture and Communication in Rural Reporter Training Camp, 2004.|
|Social change among the Tribals in Orissa, XXXI, AISC, University of Jammu, 2005.|
|Constitutional provisions and Tribal displacements in state level convention, 2006.|
|Dalit aspiration and Mass Media Communication, in state level convention, 2006.|
|Displacement in the process of Development, XXXII, AISC, University of Madras, 2006.|
|Tribal in the process of development, Resource Person, Refresher course, NIWASS, 2002.|
|Dalit Issues and Communication in Rural Reporter Training 2006.|
|Tribal resistance and industrialization in Orissa, National Seminar, Utkal University, 2007.|
|Tribal knowledge system, the case of ethno medicine in Sundargarh dist. Orissa, 36th AISC, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack, 2010.|
|An approach to traditional Health Care Practices among tribals: A case study of Kolha married women of Odisha. The 2nd International Conference in Medical Sociology, MMM College of Health Sciences, Chennai, April 2012.|
|GIS as a tool of Local Planning and Good Governance, Dept. of Pol. Science, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, 2012.|
|Need for the Revival of Traditional Health Care Practices among tribals for empowerment, Dept. of Anthropology, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, 2012.|
|1||Tribal Knowledge: Studies on the Kharia and Kisan Tribes in Orissa published by ATLC, Bhubaneswar|
|1||Difference and de-peasantisation among the Peasants: A Sociological study of Western Orissa, 1994.|
|2||Caste and Social Economic Mobility in Urban Orissa: A comparative study 1995.|
|3||Tribal development plans programmes and its implications: A socio-economic study of Santals of Mayurbhanj Dist. 1995.|
|4||Religious conversion and social change: An Ethno Sociological study of Lanjia Saora of Rayagada Dist. Orissa, 1996.|
|5||Women Participation in Panchayati Raj: A Case study of Sadar Block in Cuttack Dist. 1997.|
|6||Social Mobility among educated women in the capital city of Bhubaneswar (Orissa) 1998.|
|7||Rural Health Care and Medicine: A Study on the village Binajhari of Keonjhar Dist., Orissa, 2002.|
|8||Rural Politics and Panchayati Raj: A Sociological study of Balogarh Block, Dist. â?? Khurda, Orissa, 2002.|
|9||Women’s quest for power: An analysis of its relevance with reference to 73rd Amendment Act, in village Palada of Jajpur Dist., Orissa, 2003.|
|10||Sociological study of health care practices among Tribal Kolha married women with special reference to maternity health care in Nilagiri village of Balasore.|
|11||Socio-economic life after flood in Orissa Dist., Orissa 2008 (Special survey of village Teispur, Puri, 2008.).|
|12||Socio-Economic status of aged in Orissa, An exploratory studies, 2009-10.|
|13||Success or Failure of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme for economic perspective and environmental concern: A sociological study in Kamgaon,Village of Bargarh districts, Orissa.2009-10.|
|14||Modernisation of Working Women; A Sociological Study, 2009-10.|
|15||A study on the socio-economic condition of slum dwellers in the Bhubaneswer city, 2010-11.|
|16||Tribal education : A sociological study of tribal student with special reference to Mayurbhanj District, 2010-11.|
|17||Traditional healing practices among santal tribes: A sociological study on Kaleijaw village, in Mayurbhanj district, 2013-14.|
|18||Access to higher education among Paudi Bhuiyan in Brkole block , Deogarh district in Odisha: A sociological study,2013-14.|
|19||Marginal farmer and their livelihood activities in rural area: A sociological study of Giringia village of Keonjhar district,2013-14.|
|20||Health problems and vulnerability of kharia women of kutra block, sungarh district, Odisha: A sociological study 2014-15.|
|21||Awareness of female student on domestic violence: A sociological study of the student in Subhra Mahatab Mahavidyalaya, Asureswar cuttack, 2014-15.|
|22||Problems and challenges faced by women construction workers: A case study of Byasanagar Municipality, Jajpur district, Odisha.|
|23||Growing ecological footprint of urban areas: A social study of patia, Bhubaneswar, 2014-15.|
|1||Rashtra Ratan Award by All India Business Development Association. “For Excellence in Chosen field of Activity” On the occasion of 34th National Seminar on “INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS & NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT” 2012, New Delhi.|
|2||Bharat Shiksha Rattan Award by Global Society for Health & Educational Growth.For Excellence in Chosen field of Activity on the occasion of 34th National Seminar on “INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS & NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT”, 2012, NEW DELHI.|
Teaching Experience : 32 Years
- EXTENSION WORK
- Involved in Mass Literacy Programme including adult education.
- Served as NSS Programme officer for 3 years and organized eye camps, National Integration camps, Immunization programme etc.
- Helped flood affected victims, super cyclone victims & communal victims.
- Organized health camp for the inmates of Jharapara Special Jail.
- Organized health camp at Daringbadi, Phulbani for nearby remote villagers.
- Organize rural camp in remote villages of Orissa and organized awareness programme on various issues and provide welfare services each year along with MRD (Master of Rural Development) students with the support of Young India, Lok Bikash, CYSD, STAR, PECUC, UNICEF, UNDP, SIRD and many more.
- One day workshop on: Youth Leadership Training, 4th Oct., 2006.
- Seminar on Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s philosophy on Development and Marginalisation, 6th Dec., 2006.
- Seminar on Development perspective, 23rd Dec., 2006.
- Attended disaster management camp organized by Behampur University, Odisha.
- Triabl culture & Globalization, 2002.
- International conference on “Citizenship and Governance: Issues of Identities, Inclusion and organized by PRIA, 2003, New Delhi Voice”.
- Research Methodology to the ACTION AID Professionals.
- Professor Ambedkar Chair (2006 - 2007).
- Course Coordinator Master in Rural Development (2010 – 2011).
- HOD Dept of Sociology,Utkal University, from 2013-14 ,2014-2015
- Hostel Superintendent Ladies Hostel No. – 4.
- MEMBER / ADVISORY BODIES
- Life Member AISC
- Governing Body Member, STSCRTI & ATLC, Bhubaneswar.
- Core Committee Member, KCDS (KIIT), Bhubaneswar.
- In selection Committee (Member) RMRC, IOB, IB, PNB, Allahabad Bank, Central University, Koraput, National Law University, Cuttack, ATLC, Bhubaneswar.
- Core Committee Member, KCDS (KIIT)
- Life Member AOSA, AISA
- GB Member SCSTRTI, ATLC, Catholic Charities , Jana Vikas and Caritas India
- LECTURES & SPEECHES
On various occasions actively participated and delivered lectures & speeches to both GO’s, NGO’s and VO’s on issues relating to Tribal Women, Development, Health, Social Inclusion, Rural Communication, Research Methodology, capacity building etc. for good governance to the professionals as well as practitioners.
- “Sustainable development and empowerment of Tribal Women”, 2009, organized by NCCI, ISPCK, New Delhi.
- Tribal culture and Globalization, organized by PECUC, 2002.
- On Women Empowerment, organized by St. Vincent de Paul, Khurda, 2005.
- On value system, organized by Chandbali Mahavidyalaya, Balasore, Orissa, 2005.
- On violence against women, organized by Young India, Konark, Orissa, 2010.
- Dalit Issues and Communication in Rural Reporter Training, NISWASS, 2006.
- Tribals in the process of development, as Resource Person, Refresher course, NISWASS, 2002.
- Participated in 127th Birth Anniversary of Bhagawan Birsa Munda, as Chief Speaker on 15th Nov. 2002 organized by Sidahora Susar Akhara, Bhubaneswar.
- Observed Birth Anniversary of Baba Saheb Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and Death Anniversary of Baba Saheb Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, NISWASS, Bhubaneswar.