Dr. Pramoda Kumar Samal
Name : Pramoda Kumar Samal
Designation : Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
Qualification : M.Sc, Ph.D
Phone No. : +91-9439752549
E-mail ID : pksamal(at)gmail(dot)com, pksamal(at)iucaa(dot)ernet(dot)in, pksamal(at)iopb(dot)res(dot)in
- Cosmology: Theory and Data Analysis
- Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation: Violation of statistical isotropy
- Angular Power Spectrum Estimation
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics-II
- Modern Physics & Optics (Lab)
- Computational Physics (Lab)
- Nuclear & Particle Physics (Lab)
- 05 (Awarded)
- 01 (Continuing)
- 01 (Continuing)
|1||“Generalization of SUSY quantum mechanics for PT symmetric systems.” Biswanath Rath, Asiri Nanayakkara, P. Mallick and P.K. Samal, Submitted to Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences, Springer..|
|2||Biswanath Rath, Pravanjan Mallick and Pramoda Kumar Samal, “A study of Spectral Instability in V (x) = ix3 Through Internal Perturbation: Breakdown of Unbroken PT Symmetry” The African Review of Physics, 10, 007, 2015.|
|3||Biswanath Rath, Pravanjan Mallick and Pramoda Kumar Samal, “Real spectra in isospectral non-hermitian Hamiltonian”, The African Review of Physics, 9, 0027, 2014.|
|4||Akhilesh P. Nandan, Sharmili Rudra, Himangshu Neog, Saikat Biswas, Swapna Mahapatra, Bedangadas Mohanty, Pramoda Kumar Samal, “A simple technique for gamma ray and cosmic ray spectroscopy using plastic scintillator” Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A (doi:10.1016/j.nima.2015.06.051), Journal Impact Factor: 1.316.|
|5||Pranati Rath, Pramoda Kumar Samal, “Testing isotropy of Cosmos with WMAP and PLANCK data.” , Modern Physics Letters A (World Scientific). Vol. 30, No. 27, 1550131 (2015), Journal Impact Factor: 1.338.|
|6||Pavan K. Aluri, Pramoda Kumar Samal, Pankaj Jain, John P. Ralston “Effect of foregrounds on the cosmic microwave background radiation multipole alignment.” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society,Volume 414, Issue 2, Pages: 1032-1046, June 2011., Journal Impact Factor: 5.226, Cited: 3.|
|7||Pramoda Kumar Samal, Rajib Saha, Jacques Delabrouille, Simon Prunet,Pankaj Jain, Tarun Souradeep, “CMB Polarization and Temperature Power Spectra Estimation using Linear Combination of WMAP 5-yearMaps.” Astrophysical Journal, Volume 714, Issue 1, Pages: 840-851, 2010., Journal Impact Factor: 6.28, Cited: 12.|
|8||Pramoda Kumar Samal, Rajib Saha, Pankaj Jain, John P. Ralston “Signals of Statistical Anisotropy in WMAP Foreground Cleaned Maps.” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, Volume 396, Issue 1, Pages: 511-522, June 2009, Journal Impact Factor: 5.226, Cited: 36.|
|9||Pramoda Kumar Samal, Rajib Saha, Pankaj Jain, John P. Ralston “Testing Isotropy of Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation.” Monthly Notices of the Royal stronomical Society, Volume 385, Issue 4, Page 1718-1728, Apr 2008., Journal Impact Factor: 5.226, Cited: 48.|
|Sharmili Rudra, Akhilesh P. Nandan, Himangshu Neog, S. Biswas, S. Mahapatra, B. Mohanty, and P. K. Samal ‚??Cosmic ray spectroscopy using plastic scintillator detector‚?Ě Proceedings of the DAE Symp. on Nucl. Phys. 59, 2014.|
|Pankaj Jain, John P. Ralston, Pramoda Kumar Samal, Rajib Saha "Is the Universe Isotropic?" Proceedings of the 18th DAE-BRNS High Energy Physics Symposium, BHU, Volume 18, page 89, 2008.|
|3||Cash award of Rs. 20, 000/‚?? for journal publications by DRPG, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.|
|4||Patron member of Orissa Physics Society.|
|5||Orissa Physical Society Young Scientist Award for Theory for the year 2013.|
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, March 2010 to Present.
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at North Orissa University, Baripada, December 2009 to February 2010.
- Laboratory Instructor, Teaching Assistant, Tutor at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, 2005 to 2008.
- Visiting Associate at Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune University Advisors: Prof. Tarun Souradeep Ghosh, IUCAA, Pune July 2010 to present.
- Conference/FDP/workshoporganized, as Convener/Co-convener/Treasurer/Coordinator
- “Discussion Meeting on Cosmology and Astro-Particle Physics” At: Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar, India October 30–November 5, 2015
- “University workshop on National e-Governance Plan.” At: Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India. November 2, 2012.
- “National Conference on Understanding the Fundamental Interactions.” At: Department of Physics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India. March 27, 2012.
- “Awareness workshop on the facilities of UGC-DAE Consortium for scientific research.” At: Department of Physics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India. March 23–24, 2012.
- “Indian Conference on Cosmology and Galaxy formation (ICCGF’09).” At: India Institute of Technology Kanpur, India. October 30–November 1, 2009.