Dr. Prafulla Kumar Sahoo
Name : Prafulla Kumar Sahoo
Designation : Professor
Qualification : M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D., PDF(USA)
Phone No. : +91-9861594873
E-mail ID : psahoochemuu(at)gmail(dot)com
- Materials Chemistry
- organometallic and pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Nanotechnology & Bionanotechnology
- Awarded: 32
- Awarded: 18
- Continuing: 05
|6||P.S.Gils, D.Ray, P.K.Sahoo, Controlled release of doxofylline from biopolymer based hydrogels, Am. J. Biomed. Sci., 2(4), 373-383, 2010.|
|7||T. Biswal, R. Samal and P.K.Sahoo, Complex-mediated microwave-assisted synthesis of polyacrylonitrile nanoparticles, Nanotechnology,Science and Applications, 3, 77-83, 2010.|
|8||D. Ray, P. S. Gils, G.Mohanta, R. Manavalan, P.K.Sahoo, Sensitive Hydrogels as controlled drug delivery devices, The Pharma Review, Jan-Feb, 146-152, 2010.|
|24||Mamata Sahu, R. Samal, and P.K.Sahoo, A Biodegradable Jute-g-Poly(2-ethyl hexylacrylate)/ Montmorillonite composite flame retardant, Indian J. Chem. Techn., 22, Nov., 2015.(IF:0.582).|
|28||Mamata Sahu, R. Samal, and P.K.Sahoo, Preparation of Superabsorbent Polymer Rice straw-g-Polyacrylamide from Renewable Biowaste, Asian J. Chem., 27(9), 3377-3382, 2015.|
|26||B.N. Mallick, P.K.Rana and P.K Sahoo, Starch-g-Poly(Acrylic Acid)/Mica Bionanocomposite Superabsorbent: Biodegradability and Swelling behavior studies, European J. Biomed. Pharm. Sci, 2(1), 221-232, 2015. (IF:2.06).|
|1||D.Ray, P. S. Gils, G.Mohanta, R. Manavalan, P.K.Sahoo, Comparative. Delivery of Diltiazem Hydrochloride through Synthesized Polymer: Hydrogel and Hydrogel Microspheres, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 116(2), 959-968, 2010.|
|2||P.S. Gils, D.Ray, P.K.Sahoo, Designing of silver nanoparticles in gum Arabic based semi-IPN hydrogel, Intl. J. Biological Macromolecules, 46,237-244, 2010.|
|3||T. Biswal, R. Samal and P. K. Sahoo, Co(III) complex mediated Microwave Assisted Synthesis of PAN, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 117(3), 1837-1842, 2010.|
|4||R. Samal and P. K. Sahoo, Synthesis of a biodegradable polyacrylonitrile/sodium silicate nanocomposite fire retardant, Indian J. Chem.Technol.(NISCAIR), 17, March, 139-144, 2010.|
|5||P.S.Gils, D.Ray, P.K.Sahoo, A quantitative HPLC determination of itaconic acid residuals in polymer hydrogels, Analytical Chemistry, 2010- In Press.|
|9||S. Pradhan, L.C.Meher, S.N.Naik & P.K.Sahoo, Oil content & fatty acid composition of Jatropha Curcas seedover Indian domain & Biodiesel preparation, JLST, 42(1), Jan-Mar, 19-23, 2010.|
|10||S.Pradhan, N.K.Sahoo,S.N.Naik, P.K.Sahoo, Estimation of Toxic Phorbol Ester in Jatropha Curcas oil, cake & biodiesel, Asian J Chem, 22(5), 4069-4074, 2010.|
|11||S. Pradhan, N.K.Sahoo,R.C Pradhan, L.Das, S.N.Naik, P.K.Sahoo, Toxic Phorbol ester in Jatropha oil, cake & biodiesel, SAARC Oils & Fats Today, 10-13,March, 2010.|
|12||R. Samal and P.K.Sahoo, Role of Silicate in Microwave initiated Poly(vinyl acetate)/MMT Nanocomposite Flame Retardants, J.Appl.Polym.Sci.,Under Review.|
|13||P.S.Gils, D.Ray, P.K.Sahoo, Designing of collagen based hydrogel system: An approach to controlled drug delivery, Macromolecular Research,Under Review.|
|14||T.Biswal, R.Samal, P.K.Sahoo, Microwave Synthesis of Poly(2-EHA-co-ST) copolymer and Poly(2-EHA-co-ST)/MMT Nanocomposites, J.Appl.Polym.Sci., 125, 1467-1475, 2012.|
|15||S. Pradhan, A. Khan, S.N.Naik, P.K.Sahoo, Experimental Assessment of Toxic phytochemicals in Jatropha curcas: Oil, Cake, Biodiesel and Glycerol, J. Science of Food & Agriculture, Wiley, 92, 511-519, 2012.|
|16||P.K. Sahoo, R.Samal and T.Biswal, Microwave-Assisted Preparation of Biodegradable Water Absorbent Polyacrylonitrile/Montmorillonite Clay Nanocomposite, J. Nanotechnology, 2011, 1-11, 2011.|
|17||P.S. Gils, N. Sahu, D.Ray, P.K.Sahoo, Hydrolyzed Collagen-Based Hydrogel System Design, Characterization and Application in Drug Delivery, Am. J. Biomed. Sci., 4(2), 167-177, 2012.|
|18||N.K. Sahu, P.K.Sahoo, Hydrogels: A Review, International J Macromolecular Science, Advances in Polym Sci and Tech: An International J, 2(4), 43-50, 2012.|
|19||B.N. Mallick, P.K.Rana and P.K Sahoo, A comparative study of biodegradable Starch-g-PEHA/SS and Starch-g-PEHA/MMT nanocomposites, J. Polym. Renewable Resources, Rapra, UK, 3(4), 171-183, 2013.|
|20||N. K.Sahu, P.S.Gils, and P.K.Sahoo, Synthesis and characterization of Gum ghatti based biopolymer superabsorbent hydrogel, J. Research & Reviews on Polymer, 4(2), 56-65, 2013.|
|21||N. K.Sahu, P.S.Gils, D. Ray and P.K.Sahoo, Biodegradable Hydrogels in Controlled Drug delivery, Advances in Polym. Sci. & Technology: An International J., 3(2), 22-30, 2013.|
|22||Mamata Sahu, R. Samal, T. Biswal and P.K.Sahoo, Synthesis and characterization of poly(vinyl acetate)/MMT nanocomposite flame retardant, Intl. J. Mat. Sci., 4(3), 90-97, 2014.|
|23||Mamata Sahu, and P.K.Sahoo, Synthesis and characterization of flame retardant Pineapple leaf fiber-g-Poly(2-ethyl hexyl acrylate)/MMT composite, European J. Biomed. Pharm. Sci, 1(3), 215-229, 2014. (IF:2.06).|
|25||B.N. Mallick, P.K.Rana and P.K Sahoo, Preparation of Starch based Bionanocomposite Hydrogel with mica for fire retardancy, Advances in Polymer Technology, Vol. 00, No. 0, 2015, DOI 10.1002/adv.21520.(IF:1.72).|
|27||A.K.Pradhan, P.K.Rana and P.K Sahoo, Biodegradability and Swelling capacity of Kaolin based Chitosan-g-PHEMA Nanocomposite hydrogel, Intl. J. Biological Macromolecules, 74, 620-626, 2015.(IF:3.05).|
|29||Sanjay Rout and P.K.Sahoo, Microwave-assisted Synthesis of Sugarcane Bagasse Fibre Based Biocomposites, (SCBF-g-PAM)/MMT, Applied Sci. & Adv. Materials Intl, 2 (1), 3-6, 2015 (ISSN:2394-3173).|
|30||T. Biswal, P. Behera and P.K Sahoo, Microwave-assisted Synthesis and Gas Barrier Properties of PMMA/Clay Nanocomposite, European J. Biomed. Pharm. Sci, 2(1), 479-493, 2015. (IF:2.06).|
|1||‘Synthesis of Polymer Nanocomposites’, Published by Royal Society of Chemistry, London, UK, 2011.|
|2||‘Enviromental friendly Food Additives & Dyes’, Published by Reader Service, Kolkata, India, 2012.|
|1||University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India (Major Research Project).|
|2||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Delhi, (Major Research Project).|
|3||Royal Society of Chemistry, London have been successfully completed.|
|4||Research Collaboration: Univ. of Tokushima, Japan, & IIT, Delhi & Kharagpur.|
|5||Research Paper Reviewer: Peer Reviewer/Referee of International & National Journals: Biomacromolecules (ACS, USA), Polymer International (USA), European Polymer J.(UK), J. Appl. Polym. Sci.(USA). J.Scint. Indust. Res.,IJCT (CSIR,India).|
|1||Vijoy-Govinda Memorial Science Award & Gold Medal, 2006.|
|2||Samanta Chandra Sekhar Award & Gold Medal, 2008 by Orissa Bigyan Academy, DST, Govt. of Orissa.|
|3||Prof Dayanidhi Patnaik Research Award, 2009 by Orissa Chem Society.|
|Time(from-to)||Position||Institution worked/done research|
|Sept.1985-Apr.’87||Lecturer Chemistry||Regional College ,(NCERT), BBSR|
|Aug.1987-Oct.’90||Lecturer Chemistry||Ravenshaw College , Cuttack|
|Oct.1990-Oct.’91||Post – doctoral fellow||University of Michigan , U.S.A|
|Nov.1991-Aug.’94||Lecturer Chemistry||Govt. Colleges , Govt. of Orissa|
July 2002- Nov’03
Feb.2010 – till date
Reader in Chemistry
Associate Director, Univ.Dept.Prmaceutical Sci
Professor of Chemistry
- Professional membership
- CChem, MRSC ( Member, Royal Society of Chemistry, London)
- Member, Indian Chemical Society, India
- Member, Orissa Chemical Society, Orissa, India
- Hony. Member, Society of Chemical Industry, London, UK.
- Council Member, Asia-Oceania Association on Fire Safety Materials, China
- Invited Talks delivered in National & International Seminars & Refresher courses by Prof. P.K. Sahoo (2013-15)
- Odisha Bigyan Congress, Geology Dept., UU, Chaired & Judge in Session, 2013
- Invited Lecture in UGC-Auto. Seminar, Kendrapara Auto. College, March, 2013.
- Organised & Revived as convener of Annual Seminar of Chemistry Alumni Association, 2012 & 2013.
- Invited Lecture in UGC- sponsored Refresher course on ENVIRONMENT POLLUTION: CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES at Kendrapara Auto. College during August, 2013.
- Invited Lecture in UGC-sponsored Seminar at Krishna Auto. Degree & PG College, Vishakhapatnam, November, 2013
- Coordinator of Refresher course by UGC-ASC, UU during Feb.2013.
- Invited Talk & Chairing a Session in Intl Conf. on Advancement in Polymeric Materials at CIPET, BBSR during 14-16th Feb., 2014.
- Invited Talk in UGC-Auto. Seminar, Nimapara Auto. College, August, 2014.
- Invited Talk in a Workshop on Smart Materials organized by Trident Academy of Technology, BBSR in August,2014.
- Invited Lecture in a Seminar at Christ College,Cuttack in January, 2014.
- Invited Lecture in a Seminar at Raghunathjew College, Cuttack in January, 2014.
- Invited Lecture in UGC-sponsored Seminar at VSSUT, Burla during August, 2014.
- Invited Lectures in UGC-ASC sponsored Refresher course on Physical Sciences at UU during Sept.2014.
- Invited Lectures in UGC-ASC sponsored Refresher course on Green Chemistry at Ranchi University, Ranchi during October, 2014.
- Invited Speaker in a Seminar on NANOSCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: A Global Perspective at Mahanga Puspagiri College , Erakana, Cuttack on 7.11.2014.
- Invited Talk in UGC-sponsored Seminar on Designing Organic Synthesis at Khallikote Auto. College during 8-9th Nov., 2014.
- Invited Speaker in a Seminar on NANOSCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Challenges of 21st Century at Maharshi College of Natural Law, BBSR on 29.11.2014.
- Invited Speaker in a Video Conf. Seminar viewed by all CIPET centers in India on POLYMERIC SMART MATERIALS: HYDROGELS at CIPET, BBSR on 9.12.2014.
- Invited Speaker on Nanotechnology in World Science Day celebration at Ravenshaw University on 10.11.2014.
- Delivered Lecture in UGC-ASC sponsored Refresher course on " Equipping College teachers as generalist" at DDCE,UU on 03.02.2015.
- Invited Talk & Chairing a Session in Intl Conf. on “Innovative Applications of Chemistry in Pharmacology & Technology” at Berhampur University, Berhampur during 6-8th Feb., 2015.
- Delivered Motivation Lecture to B.Tech. Students in G.I.E.T., BBSR on "Science of Nanomaterials" on 14.02.2015.
- Invited Talk & Chairing a Session in Intl Conf. on “Advancements on Polymeric Materials” at I.I.Sc.,Bangalore, organized by CIPET & IISc during 20-22 Feb., 2015.
- Invited Lecture in a Seminar at R.D.Women’s Auto. College, BBSR on February 24, 2015.
- Convener in UGC-DSA-II Sponsored National Seminar on ‘Advancement in Materials & Coordination Chemistry’, in Dept. of Chemistry, UU on 25th March, 2015.
- Delivered Lectures in UGC-MHRD sponsored Refresher course on Chemistry & Chemical Technology at G.G.Central University, Bilaspur, CG on 06-07.05.2015.
- Invited Talk & Chairing 1st Session in UGC-sponsored National Conf. on “Advanced Molecular Spectroscopic Techniques” at Govt. Auto. College,Rajahmundry, A.P. during 21-22 Aug., 2015.
- Invited Talk & Chairing a Session in Intl. Conf. on “Energy, Sustanability and Advanced Materials” at Orissa Engg. College, BBSR during 03-05 Sept., 2015.
- Invited Lecture & Chairing a Session in Intl. Conf. on “Asia-Oceania Symposium on Fire Safety Materials Science & Engineering” at Univ. of Sci & Tech of China, Hefei, Suzhou, China during 09-11 October, 2015.
- Invited Lecture in Intl. Conf. on “Building Insulation and Fire-proof Technology” at Beijing, China during 13-15 October, 2015.
- Invited Lecture in UGC-sponsored Seminar on Recent Advancement in materials Sciences at VSSUT, Burla during 14-15 November, 2015.
- Invited Lecture in UGC-sponsored State-level Seminar on Nanotechnology & Applications at Bhadrak Auto. College, Bhadrak on 22 November, 2015.
- Details of Academic Administration, etc.
- Associate Director (academic), UDPS, UU, Bhubaneswar, 2002-2003.
- Coordinator, UGC-sponsored Refresher Course in Chemistry. UU, 2007.
- Editor/Convener, in Intl/National conf. held in Chemistry Dept. UU.
- Observer, UGC-NET Exam. since 2003 and CBSE Exam since 2005.
- HOD, Chemistry during 2011-2013.
- Organised National Seminars in the Deptt. during 2012 & 2013.
- Coordinator of UGC-DSA-II program of the Dept.
- Attended meetings as Chairman and member of BoS & SRC in UU, NOU, VSSUT, R.D.Auto. College, BBSR, P.N. Auto. College, Khurda,; Academic council meeting at NC Auto. College, Jajpur, Banki Auto. College.
- Chairman & member in RCU & DSC in BPUT, Odisha
- Subject Expert in UGC MRP Committee & in OPSC, Odisha.
- UGC-NET Observer for last 12 years in various Indian Universities.
- Chairman/Member, SRC, Board of Studies, Academic Council,Senate of UU/Other Universities/Autonomous Colleges.
- Expert for Selection Committee
- Subject Expert for selection of Lecturer/PGT at OPSC, Engineering Colleges in Orissa, Delhi Public School, CIPET, IMMT(RRL) & UGC.