Dr. Sushanta Kumar Badamali
Name : Sushanta Kumar Badamali
Designation : Reader
Qualification : M. Sc., M. Phil., Ph. D. (IIT- Bombay), PDF (BARC-Mumbai ) PDF (Univ. of York-UK)
Phone No. : +91-9937086718
E-mail ID : skbadamali(at)gmail(dot)com
- Nanoporous solids
- Heterogeneous catalysis for biomass utilization
- Quantum Chemistry
- Theoretical Spectroscopy
- Statistical Thermodynamics
- Solid State Chemistry
- Bio-Physical Chemistry
- M.Phil: 08
- Submitted: 01
- Continuing: 03
|5||Sadual, R., Badamali, S.K., Dapurkar, S.E., Singh, R. K. Unusual Oxidation Behaviour of Mesoporous Silicates towards Lignin Model Phenolic Monomer
W.J. Nano. Sci. Engg. 5, 88-95 (2015).
|1||Badamali, S.K., R. Luque, Clark, J.H., Breeden, S.W., Towards the understanding the selective oxidation of lignin: Co(salen)/SBA-15 catalysed oxidation of β-O-4 phenolic dimer under microwave irradiation
Catal. Commun. 12, 993 (2011).
|2||Badamali, S.K., R. Luque, Clark, J.H., Breeden, S.W., Unprecedented oxidative ability of mesoporous silica materials: towards microwave assisted oxidation of lignin model compounds
Catal. Commun. 31, 1 (2013).
|3||Sadual, R., Badamali, S.K., Synthesis of CoSBA-15: A comparative study of pH adjustment vs non-pH adjustment method
Adv. Porous Mater. 1, 316-321 (2013).
|4||Sadual, R., Badamali, S.K., Singh, R. K. Studies on mesoporous CoSBA-15 catalysed selective oxidation of lignin model phenolic monomer
Adv. Porous Mater. 2, 48-53 (2014).
|S.K. Badamali, J.H. Clark, S.W. Breeden, and R. Luque, Oral Presentation, Oxidative degradation of lignin model phenolic compounds over mesoporous catalysts, Indo Hungarian Workshop on Future Frontiers in Catalysis, Feb., 16-18, (2010), IIT Madras, Chennai.|
|S.K. Badamali, Attended, Indo-Russia expert meeting on Nanostructured Catalysis for Chemical Processing and Environmental Protection, Dec. 14-16, 2011, IIT-Madras, Chennai.|
|S.K. Badamali, Attended, International Organometallic Compound and their Application (OMCA)-2013, Kaling Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Feb. 5-7, 2013.|
|R. Sadual and S.K. Badamali, Poster presentation, Synthesis of CoSBA-15: a comparative study of pH adjustment vs non-pH adjustment method, 21st National Symposium on Recent Catalysis for sustainable development, Feb. 11-13, 2013, IICT, Hyderabad.|
|R. Sadual and S.K. Badamali, Oral presentation, Oxidation of lignin model guaicyl units to benzoquinones over CoSBA-15, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Chemical Sciences, Mar.16-17, 2013, Sambalpur University, Jyoti vihar, Burla, Odisha.|
|S.K. Badamali, Oral Presentation, Mesoporous molecular sieves as catalyst for selective oxidation of lignin model guaiacyl units to fine chemicals. Russia-India Symposium on Catalysis and Environmental Engineering, St. Petersberg, Russia, September 14-16, 2013.|
|Invited speaker, National Seminar on Recent Advancement in Material Science, Aug. 23-24, 2014, VSSUT Burla, Odisha.|
|Invited speaker, National Seminar on Recent Developments in Nanochemistry, Dec. 12, 2014, Dr. V.S. Krishna Govt. Degree College, Vishakapatanam.|
|S.K. Badamali, Oral presentation, National Symposium on Catalysis (Catsymp-22)CSMCRI, Bhavnagar, Jan. 7-9 (2015).|
|S.K. Badamali and R. Sadual, Poster presentation, the 5th Asia Ocenia conference on Green and Sustainable chemistry, Jan. 15-17, 2015, New Delhi.|
|1||Chemical Research Society of India (CRSI) Young scientist award-2011|
|2||Best paper (co-author), National seminar on Recent Advances in Material Science-2013, VSSUT Burla, Odisha.|
- UG: 5 years
- PG: 11 years
- Research: 20
- b. Important Activities
- Head of the Department, 2013-2015
- Course coordinator, M. Sc. Tech. Material Science and Engineering (2010-till date)
- Deputy coordinator, UGC DSA-II programme
- Teacher in charge, Examination (2013-2015)
- Superintendent, Gopabandhu Chhatrabas (Nov. 2012-Mar.2015)
- Subject expert, Odisha Public Service Commission-2015, for the selection of Lecturer in Chemistry.
- Teacher in charge, Students activity fund, departmental stores (2011-2013)
- Member, Board of Studies in Chemistry, Utkal University.
- Member, Subject Research Committee in Chemistry, Utkal University.
- Superintendent CIPET Hostel (Sept. 2010-June 2012)
- Conference/FDP/workshop organized, as Convener/Co convener/Treasurer/Coordinator
- Convener, DST and UGC sponsored National Symposium on Recent Advances on Chemical Sciences, Mar.28, 2014, Department of Chemistry, Utkal University. Bhubaneswar.