Dr. Ranjan Kumar Sahoo
Name : Ranjan Kumar Sahoo
Designation : Sr. Lecturer
Qualification : M.PHIL., Ph. D
Phone No. : +91-9438166689
E-mail ID : ranjansahoostatistics(at)gmail(dot)com, ranjan(dot)st(at)utkaluniversity(dot)ac(dot)in
- Survey Sampling
- Image Processing
- Ph.D Guidance: 01 (Awarded), 01 (Continuing)
- M.PHIL. Guidance: 07 (Awarded)
|11||June 1999: A note on the Accuracy of some estimation technique in the presence of measurement errors, Arab. Math. Sc. Vol. 5(1), pp 51 ‚?" 55.|
|12||2001: On the accuracy of some estimators in the presence of measurement errors. Pak. J. Stat, Vol. 7 (2), pp 157 ‚?" 162.|
|13||2003: Predictive estimation of finite population mean using regression ‚?" type estimators in double sampling procedures. Jour. of Statistical Research, Bangladesh. Vol. 3(2), , pp 291-296.|
|14||2003: An alternative Approach to the Estimation of Ratio in Two-Phase Sampling. STATISTICS IN TRANSITION, Vol. 6 (4), pp 561-570.|
|15||2005: On construction of a class of estimators for two-stage sampling. Journal of applied statistical Sciences, Vol.14 (3/4), pp 317-322.|
|16||2006: Predictive estimation of finite population mean in two ‚?"stage sampling using two auxiliary variables ‚?" STATISTICS IN TRANSITION, Vol. 7 (5) , pp 1097-1105.|
|17||2006: An empirical study on the accuracy of ratio and regression estimators in the presence of measurement errors- Monte Carlo Methods and Applications, Vol.12(5-6), pp 495-502.|
|18||January 2011: A New IPPS Sampling Scheme of Two Units- Thailand Statistician, Vol.9 (i), pp 93-102.|
|19||2011: A general class of estimators in two stage sampling with two auxiliary variables- Hacettepe journal of mathematics and statistics, Vol.40.|
|20||2004: A General Class of Estimators in Two-stage sampling using multi-auxiliary variables. The Aligarh Journal of Statistics Vol. 24, pp 33-41.|
|21||2001: Predictive Estimation of finite population mean in the two phase sampling using two auxiliary variable. jour. Ind. Soc. Aggr. Stat. Vol. 54 (2) pp 258-264.|
|2010; 1st & 2nd April: Paper presented titled “Emerging Issues In Economic Growth‚??A Report” in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Impact of Special Economic Zones (SEZS) on Human Development organized by Depart of Economics, Kendrapara Auto College.|
|2012; 18th -19th Oct: Paper presented titled “Fitting of some statistical distributions of daily perceptional data on NWI region centers” in the 15th Odisha Bigyan Congress.|
|2014; 27th-29th Dec: Paper presented titled “Rainfall Management in North west India Regions(NWR) of India and its impact on climate change” in the 67th All India Commerce Conference by of the Indian Commerce Association organized KITT UNIVERSITY, Bhubaneswar.|
|2015; 27th -28th Feb: UGC-Sponsored State Level Seminar “On Human Rights & good Life: An Interdisciplinary Survey” Organized by U.N. Autonomous college of Sc. & Tech., Adaspur, Odisha.|
|2015; 29th -31st May: Paper presented titled “Fitting of Some statistical distributions of Daily Precipitation Data on North west India Regions” in the International Conference on Recent Advances in Mathematics, Statistics & computer Sciences, Central University, South Bihar.|
|2015; 29th -31st May: Paper presented titled “Impact Of MGNREGA In The Lives Of Underprivileged : A Study In Odisha ” in the International Conference on Recent Advances in Mathematics, Statistics & computer Sciences, Central University, South Bihar.|
|2015; 20th -21st Nov: Paper presented titled “Statistical Analysis Using SPSS” in the UGC Sponsored Skill Development Workshop on “SPSS” organized by Department of Statistics, UU.|
|1||2015; Elements of Sampling Theory & Applications: Nalanda Publisher -ISSN/ISSBN No. 81-89637-15-1.|
|2||2015; Survey Sampling ‚??Some Standard Procedures: Nalanda Publisher (2015) -ISSN/ISSBN No. 81-89637-15-0.|
|3||2016; Elements of Statistics: Nalanda Publisher (2016) -ISSN/ISSBN No. 81-89637-15-2.|
|4||2016; Trends in Survey Sampling: Nalanda Publisher (2016) -ISSN/ISSBN No. 81-89637-15-3.|
|5||2016; Some Uses of Auxiliary Information in Standard Sampling Procedures: Scholar Press ISBN No. 978-3639-86336-9.|
|Nov 20th-21st , 2015: UGC Sponsored Skill Development Workshop on “SPSS” organized by Department of Statistics, Utkal University.|
|Dec 19th ‚?? 28th , 1996: National workshop on optimal experimental design with applications held at Sambalpur University.|
|30th Sept. to 3rd Oct, 2002: National Workshop on combinational Aspects of Design of Experiments & Analysis of Data and National Symposium on planning Experiments & Analysis of data held at Kalyani University, West Bengal.|
|26th-28th Aug 2008: Orientation Programme on Cooperative & Environment for the University/College Faculty members by National Council For Co-operative Training (NCUI) New Delhi, held at Madhusudan Institute of Cooperative Management, Bhubaneswar.|
|Aug 06th -07th, 2009 : Workshop on Environment & Cooperative for the University/College Faculty members by National Council For Co-operative Training (NCUI) New Delhi, held at Madhusudan Institute of Cooperative Management, Bhubaneswar.|
|14th Aug 15: Workshop; Hands-on-Training on “Open data Development & Transparency Initiatives” organized by World bank Group & NUEPA, New Delhi.|
|Nov 21st-22nd , 2015 :UGC Sponsored Skill Development Workshop on “ Mining of open Macro Data and Analysis using SPSS” organized by Department of Analytical and Applied Economics, Utkal University.|
- Lecturer in Statistics, B.P. College of Sc. & Edn., Bhubaneswar, Orissa from 04.01.92 to 17.02.2010.
- Lecturer, P.G. Dept. Of Statistics, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar since 17.02.2010.
- Invited Talks/Lectures
- 2015; 30th-31st Mar: “Trends of Youth By 2020 In Nation Building” in the Seminar organized by Gopabandhu Mahavidyalaya, Khirkona, Odisha
- 12Nos. UGC Refresher Course invited lectures
- 6 Nos. Motivational Talks to NCC Cadets
- Involvement of National & International participation
- 1992; Oct 19th-23rd : Training Course FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT WORKERS ON PROMOTION OF LOW COST SANITATION SYSTEMS organized by Viswa Yuvak Kendra New Delhi
- 2010; 1st & 2nd April: Paper presented titled “Emerging Issues In Economic Growth—A Report” in UGC sponsored National Seminar on Impact of Special Economic Zones (SEZS) on Human Development organized by Depart of Economics, Kendrapara Auto College
- 2011;12th – 14th Nov: 14th Odisha Bigyan Congress
- 2012; 03rd-07th Jan: 99th Indian Science Congress Association
- 2012; 30th Mar: National Seminar on “STOCHACTIC MODELLING & EXPERIMENTAL DESIGN” Organized by P.G. Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University
- 2012; 18th-19th Oct: 15th Odisha Bigyan Congress
- 2014; 30th Jan: National Workshop on Emerging Trends in Official Statistics- sponsored by NASA- Organized by P.G. Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University
- 2014; 30th Mar: National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Statistics & Societal Applications- sponsored By UGC & DST –Purse, Organized by P.G. Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University
- 2014; 26th Sept: Workshop on “21st century skills for blended learning” by Microsoft India
- 2014; 18th Nov: National Workshop on “Latest Trends & Applications in Statistics & Operations Research” Organized by P.G. Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University in collaboration with Operations Research Society of India-Bhubaneswar Chapter
- 2014; 6th-7th Dec: National Workshop on “SENSOR NETWORK” Organized by CITE, M.tech.IT, Utkal University
- 2015; 21st-22nd Mar: National Workshop on “Advances in software Engineering” Organized by CITE, M.tech.IT, Utkal University
- Professional Activities
- Member of Professional Bodies: Board of Studies of +2 Council CHSE, ODISHA.
- Utkal University, ODISHA.
- Salipur Autonomous College, Salipur .
- Govt. Autonomous College, Rourkela.
- Life Member: Indian Science Congress Association .
- Utkal University Teachers Association.
- Utkal Statistics Alumni Association.
- Administrative Experience
- 1. Nodal Officer of Utkal University for All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) of MHRD from 2010 to 2014.
- 2. Assistant Superintendent, Madhusudan Chhatrabas from June 2010 to Jan 2014.
- 3. Treasurer, Utkal Statistics Alumni Association..
- 4. Secretary to staff council, P.G. Dept. of Statistics, Utkal University.
- Consultancy Experience
- Study on Impact of sand mining on affected people & river ecology --- Project No F 15-A54-R01.
- Refresher & Orientation Courses Attended
- The UGC Refresher course at
- 1993; 05 - 29 Oct: Cochin University of Sc. & Technology
- 1994; 03-29 June: Utkal University
- 1994; 06th Oct to 2nd Nov: Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- 1995; 24th March to 20th April: Punjab University, Chandigarh
- 1996; 18th May to 6th June: Allahabad University Allahabad
- 2003; 08th –28th Aug: Utkal University
- 2010;18th Nov to 15th Dec: Utkal University on HUMAN VALUES IN EDUCATION
- 2012; 08th-28th May: Summer Training Programme on Geospatial Technologies & its applications by DST, Govt. of India, at Utkal University
- 2015; 3rd-21st Aug: National University Of Educational Planning And Administration Training Programme on “Quantitative Research Methods in Education: Understanding Educational Development & Disparities” at NUEPA, New Delhi
- The UGC Refresher course at
- General UGC Short Term
- 2011;12th-17th Dec: Utkal University in the subject SHORT TERM COURSE IN SPSS
- 2012; 30th Jan to 7th Feb: Faculty Development Programme organized by Utkal University