Dr. Basanta Kumar Mallik
Name : Basanta Kumar Mallik
Designation : Professor
Phone No. : +91 94374-98661
E-mail ID : basantakmallik(at)gmail(dot)com
Social Movements in India,
History of Environment,
Ambedkar Studies & Human Right Issues
History and Culture of Medieval India, Historiography,
Social Emancipation Movements in India,
History of Environment Environmental Movements in India
(OHRJ), Vol. XXXII, NO.1 & 2,1986, pp.126-147.
Vol. XXXll, Nos.3 & 4,1987, pp.97-110.
Nos. 3 & 4, 1989, pp.139-164.
(UHRJ), Bhubaneswar, Vol VIII, 1997.
a) 'Parija Pencil', a literary award from Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, in 1981. b) 'Ambedkar Centenary Award from Bharatiya Dalit Sahitya Academy, Delhi in 1991. c) Received ICHR Fellowship for pursuing M. Phil and UGC Teacher Fellowship for Ph. D in JNU, New Delhi (1990-1992) d) 'Best Essayist Award' from National Institute of Social Work and Social Sciences, Bhubaneswar for the year 2004. e) Honored by Nalco Corporate SC/ST Employees Welfare Association on April 14, 2001.
- Teaching: 29 Years 2 Months,
- Research: 5 Years
- Important activities:
- Head, PG Department of History (01.06.2003 to 30.05.2005)
- Head, PG Department of History, (01.06.2016 to Continuing)
- Director, Centre for Ambedkar Studies, (02.05.2007 to continuing)
- Co-coordinator, UGC Pre-Examination Coaching for NET
- Coordinator, UGC Pre-Examination Coaching for Entry-in Services,
- Visited Kiel University, Hiedelberg University and Free University of Berlin, Germany during May 14-31, 2002.
- Presented a paper 'Construction of Oriya Identity: Sarala Mahabharata as a Marker in Time', in an International Seminar 'Identities in Time1, held on May 14-18, 2002 at Salzau, Germany.
- Delivered a Lecture on 'Dalit Movement in India: A Historical Analysis' in the Department of Ethnologie, Free University of Berlin on May 30, 2002.
- Presented Paper in World Environmental History, held at University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, on 12-13 September 2014.
Membership in Academic Bodies and Professional Associations:
- Member (UGC Nominee), Advisory Committee, Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy, Tripura University (Central University, Agartala.
- Member, UGC Expert Committee for Epoch Making Social Thinkers of India.
- Member, (UGC Nominee) Governing Body, Banki Autonomous College, Banki.
- Chairman, Subject Research Committee in History, Utkal University.
- Chairman, Board of Studies in History, Utkal University.
- Member, Board of Studies in History, Utkal University, NC Autonomous College, Jajpur, S.C.S. Autonomous College, Puri, SVM Autonomous College Jagatsinghpur and Kendrapara Autonomous College, Kendrapara, Talcher Autonomous College, Talcher.
- Life Member, Indian History Congress.
- General Secretary, Odisha History Congress.
- General Secretary, Utkal History Alumni Association.
- President, JNU Alumni Association of Odisha.
- Member, Governing Body, Talcher Autonomous College, Talcher.
- Member, Academic Council, S.C.S Autonomous College, Puri.
- Member, Editorial Board, Vidyasagar University History Journal, Midnapur.
- Member, Editorial Committee for Odia Language, Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore.
- Burdwan University (Department of History) from 01-07 March 2008.
- University of North Bengal, Centre for Ambedkar Studies, from 27 February -01 March 2012.
- Special Session Organized:
- Odisha History Congress (26th Annual Session) at Utkal University, Vani Vihar, Bhubaneswar on 6-7 November 2004 (Local Secretary).
- Odisha History Congress (37th Annual Session) at Paradip College, Paradip on 30-31 January 2016 (General Secretary).