Dr. Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank
Name : Sudhansu Sekhar Nishank
Designation : Lecturer
Qualification : M.Sc., Ph.D.
Phone No. : +91-9853535258/9806830650
E-mail ID : nishankss(dot)zool(at)utkaluniversity(dot)ac(dot)in, nishank25(at)gmail(dot)com
- Human Genetics (Molecular characterization of hereditary hematological disorders of human)
- Parasitology (molecular pathogenesis of parasites infecting human and domestic animals)
- Molecular biology (mainly molecular phylogenetic study of animals of economic importance)
- In vitro toxicology (mainly cell culture based assessment of genes affected by mutagens of environment among economically important animals)
- Molecular Taxonomy (identification of animal species by DNA barcoding) and phylogenetic characterization
- Molecular biology
- Human physiology
- Guiding the pre-Ph.D. course work of Ph.D. Scholars, Guiding M.Phil students for their thesis work
|1||Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Chhotray GP.First report of a nonsense mutation at codon 15(TGGâ?" >TAG) in exon 1 of the beta globin gene in a beta thalassemia trait in State of Orissa, India. Hematology. 13(1):65-7. ISSN:1024-5332; doi: 10.1179/102453308X315852. PMID: 18534069 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE], Feb; (2008)(Impact factor = 1.4).|
|2||Nishank SS, Chhotray GP, Kar SK, Ranjit MR. Molecular variants of G6PD deficiency among certain tribal communities of Orissa, India. Ann Hum Biol. 35(3):355-61. ISSN:Â 0301-4460; doi:Â 10.1080/03014460801961289. PMID: 18568599, May-Jun (2008) [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE], (Impact factor = 1.9).|
|3||Nishank SS, Ranjit M, Kar SK, Chhotray GP.Molecular variants and clinical importance of beta- thalassaemia traits found in the state of Orissa, India. Hematology.;14(5):290-6. ISSN:1024-5332; doi: 10.1179/102453309X439845. PMID: 19843386, Oct, (2009) [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE](Impact Factor = 1.4).|
|4||Nishank SS. Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS) Gene Polymorphism is Associated with Age Onset of Menarche in Sickle Cell Disease Females of India. Mediterr J Hematol Infectious Dis.Vol 5(1):e2013036. doi: 10.4084/MJHID.2013.036. PMID: 23795274, ISSN:Â 2035-3006; Jun 4; 2013 [PubMed] Free PMC Article; Jun 4, (2013) (Impact factor = 1.5).|
|5||Nishank SS,Â Singh MPSS, Yadav R, Clinical impact of factor V Leiden, prothrombin G20210A and MTHFR C677T mutations among sickle disease patients of Central India European Journal of Haematology.. Vol 91(5): 462-466, doi: 10.1111/ejh.12190. ISSN:Â 1600-0609; [Epub ahead of print]Â PMID: 23992124, Sep 2,(2013) (Impact Factor = 2.6).|
|6||Nishank SS, Singh MPSS, Yadav R., Gupta RB, Gadge V.S., Gwal A. Endothelial Nitric Oxide. Synthase Gene Polymorphism is associated with Sickle Cell Disease patients in India, Journal of Human Genetics, Vol.58(12):1-5, doi: 10.1038/jhg.2013.99, ISSN:1434-5161; PMID 24088668, Oct 3, (2013) (Impact factor = 2.5).|
|7||Nishank SS. Association of DNA Damage Repair Gene Polymorphisms hOGG1, XRCC1and p53 with Sickle Cell Disease Patients in India. Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. Vol.7(1):e2015046.PP. 1-6 doi:Â 10.4084/MJHID.2015.046. eCollection 2015. ISSN:1024-5332,PMID: 26185611, Jul 2, (2015) (Impact factor =1.5).|
|1||Awarded CSIR-Junior Research Fellowship NET four times in between year June 2001 to 2004 & one time UGC- Junior Research Fellowship NET in year 2005.|
|2||Awarded DBT-Research Associateship in year 2010.|
- Working as Lecturer in PG Dept. of Zoology, Utkal University since February 2015
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Zoology, at Regional Institute of Education (NCERT), Bhubaneswar in year during 2014-2015.
- Worked as ICMR-SRF & DBT-IISC Bangalore- Research Associate from 2010 to 2013 at Regional Medical Research Center for Tribals (ICMR), Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Important Activities (Social activities)
- Took leadership in Health Camp organized by Regional Medical Research Center (ICMR), Bhubaneswar, for detection of beta thalassemia carriers among school children of Sainik School, Bhubaneswar in April 2007 (RMRC/ICMR NEWS Bulletin-2007).
- Took leadership on behalf of RMRC (ICMR), Bhubaneswar in identification of beta thalassemia carriers among the primary school children of Kalarahang, Khurda district, Odisha in health camp organized by Red Cross Blood Bank & TASWEL (Thalassemia & Sickle cell Welfare Association), Bhubaneswar, Odisha in Jun 2007.