M/S. Kabita das
Name : Kabita das
Designation : Lecturer
Qualification : M.A. M. Phil, Ph. D.
Phone No. : +91-9338198129
E-mail ID : kabitajnuphilosophy(at)gmail(dot)com
- Virtue Ethics
- Indian Ethics
- Political Philosophy
- Virtue Ethics
- Logic (Deductive and Inductive)
- Western Political Philosophy
- Indian Philosophy
- Epistemology and Metaphysics (Indian and Western)
- Introduction to Logic
- National Journals 01
- International Journals 01
|Concept of Prudence and its Relevance to contemporary Virtue Ethics” article publish in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research(IJMER). ISSN: 2277-7881, Vol- 2, ed. Victor babu Koppula, pp-320-319.|
|“MAcIntyre concept of justice in virtue ethics and Aristotle’s practical wisdom”, ed sc panigrahi, ISSN: 2395-2784, pp-167-176. Inte CAD, BBSR, 2015.|
|1||Secured fifth Highest mark in M.A.|
|2||First prize for essay competition (Prof. Braja Bihari Memorial Essay Competition) in M.A Part I. at Utkal University, Odisha.|
|3||Got grade in M.Phil course work and secured grade ‘A-’ in dissertation.|
|4||Got UGC-JRF in 2012.|
- Research Scholar: 2008-2014 (Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Phil- 2008-10, Ph.D- 2010-2014)
- Teaching Assistant: July, 2010- June, 2011 (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- OES (Group-B) Dept. of Higher Education: 27th Dec, 2013-6th January, 2016 P.C. (Jr.) college, Baripada)
- Lecturer: 7th January, 2016 to till now (P.G. Dept of Philosophy, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar)
Member of the Professional Bodies
- Life member, All Odisha Philosophy Association
Contribution to Administration:
- In-charge of department’s garden
- One of the members of the editorial board of Indian Journal of Analytic Philosophy
- Important Activities
- Associate Advisor of Students Union and Cultural Association in M.P.C Jr.College, BAripada, 2014-15.
- Associate Vice-President of Students Association, in M.P.C Jr.College, BAripada,2014-15.
- Associate Vice-President of Students dramatic Association, in M.P.C Jr.College, BAripada,2014-15.
- Act as Student Help Desk of the CHSE 2014-15 in M.P.C Jr.College, Baripada,,2014-15.
- Act as observer of CHSE Examinaton of 2013-14 and 2014-15
- Paper Presented in /Conferences/Seminars/ Programmes
- Presented and submitted paper on “Concept of Prudence and its Relevance to contemporary Virtue Ethics” in FIRST ASIAN PHILOSOPHY CONGRESS UGC- On Philosophical Basis of Asian Culture with Special Reference to India. Organized by Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New Delhi, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal NehruUniversity, New Delhi.
- Presented a paper on The Virtue of Non-Violence in the Contemporary world: Gandhian Approach”(abstract) in Gandhirama 2012 A feast of deas and Festival of Art an international conference on Gandhi. Organized by Indian Council of Philosophical Research, New- Delhi, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal NehruUniversityey, from 17th - 22nd October, 2012, New Delhi.
- Seminars/conferences Attended
- Participated in the International Conference on Gandhirama 2012: A Feast of Ideas and Festival of Art, Organised by Indian Council of Philosophical Research at Jawaharlal Nehru University, from 17th - 22nd October, 2012, New Delhi.
- Attended Twentieth International Congress of Vedanta organized by Centre for Indic Studies, University of Massachusetts (Dartmouth), USA and special centre for Sanskrit Studies and Centre for Philosophy, JNU, New Delhi at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, from 28th – 31st December, 2011.Worked also as a volunteer and Observer.
- Attended A one-day colloquium on “Reading of Discourses on Consciousness” was organized to mark the celebration of World Philosophy Day 2010 on 29th November by Centre for Philosophy, Jawaharlal Nehru University in collaboration with ICPR, New Delhi.
- Attended the ICPR sponsored national Lecture on “Experience and Perceptual Judgment” by Professor Anil Gupta, University of Pittsburg, USA, on 26th Nov. 2010 at 11:00 a.m. in the Conference Room, Centre for Philosophy, School of Social Sciences, JNU, New Delhi.
- Attended First Asian Philosophy Congress organised by ICPR at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, from 6th – 9th March, 2010.
- Attended an International Conference on From Experience to Thought: Debates in Consciousness, Cognition and Agency, from 7th -9th January, 2010 at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Attended the ICPR and Centre for Advanced Research in Phenomenology, Inc. U.S.A sponsored and organized International conference on Phenomenology, Globalization and Indian Philosophy, from 5th -8th January, 2009 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Attended the lecture series given by Prof. Mrinal Miri on Ethical life organized by Dr. Bhagat Oinam at Centre for Philospsophy, SSS, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, under the periodical lecture series event by ICPR, 2009.
- Acted as Rapporteur in the international conference of Gandhi Rama 2012 A feast of Ideas and A festival of Art, organized by ICPR, in School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Acted as Observer in the 20th International Vedanta Congress, organized by Center for Indic Studies, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth and Special center for Sanskrit Studies and Center for Philosophy, at School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, December 28-31
- Attended many other seminars organized by ICPR, Centre for Philosophy, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Utkal University.
- Membership of learned accredited bodies
- Life time member of AOPA.